Introduction to Hemu Grassland (禾木大草原)
Hemu Grassland is one of the major attractions in Burqin County tourism. It is located in the rift basin where Kanas River and Hemu River intersect. It has an elevation of 1,124-2,300 meters above the sea level. The Hemu River has formed complicated topography in this area with valleys and hills. Hemu River runs through the Hemu Grassland from the northeast to the southwest and divides the grassland into two parts. The sunny slope has dense forests where dwells animals like red deer, woodchucks and snow cocks. While in the shady slope, there are green grassland with colorful wild flowers, casual groups of cows and sheep.
Between Kanas Lake and Hemu River, Burqin County, Altay, North of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region
Hemu Grassland, Hemu River, Kanas Lake
Admission for Hemu Grassland: Free
Opening Hours: Whole day
Tel: (+86) 999-8028 697
1. You can take flight from Urumqi to Burqin and take shuttle buses from the Airport to Kanas Scenic Area. If you want to enjoy the scenery freely along the way, it is recommended to take a private car from Burqin Airport to Hemu Grassland.
1. The best time to visit there is from June to September.
2. Recommended duration for a visit is about one day.
Tour including Visiting Hemu Grassland (Burqin)
Recommend China Tours
Guangzhou Sun Yat-Se...
* Duration Approximately 9 hou (excluding hotel pick up time) * Daily Morning Departu...
From USD 70P/P
Datong Cultural 1 Da...
This is a specially designed one day tour for you to appreciate the unique Datong cultu...
From USD 125P/P
8 Days Tiger Leaping...
This is 8 Days tour is not only made for beautiful scenery, but also exciting and chall...
From USD 784P/P
Classic Shunde One D...
* Duration Approximately 7 hou (excluding hotel pick up time) * Daily Morning Departure ...
From USD 85P/P
Dujiangyan Half Day ...
Dujiangyan Irrigation System was built in 256 BC during the Warring States Period of China...
From USD 76P/P