Introduction to A-Ma Temple (妈阁庙)
A-Ma Temple is located at the bottom of Pehua Hill in the southeast region of the Macau Peninsula. The temple was built in 1488 during the Ming Dynasty and is the oldest Buddha Temple in Macau. It was built to commemorate Mazu, a sea goddess who blesses the fishermen. As one of the hottest tourist spot in Macau, A-Ma Temple is a must-see when travel to Macau.
At the Bottom of Pehua Hill, Southeast Region of the Macau Peninsula
Hongren Hall, Avalokitesvara Hall
Admission for A-Ma Temple: Free
Opening Hours: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
1. You can take bus No. 1, 1A, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 10A, 11, 18, 21, 21A, 26, 28B, or 34, and then get off at A-Ma Temple Stop.
1. Recommended duration for a visit is about half a day.
2. It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
3. You can buy lots of interesting items for your familys or friends around the Temple.
4. The best time to visit there is on the days of the birthday of Mazu on lunar March 23rd and the Chinese New Year, when numerous worshipers come to the temple to prayer for good fortune.
Recommend China Tours
Good Food Good Fun 5...
Cantonese cuisine is one of the eight cuisines in China, famous for it's tender, fresh and...
From USD 328P/P
Chimelong Ocean King...
This tour is ideal for families who want to escape the summer heat! The 5 days tour inc...
From USD 388P/P