What is Travel Insurance
When planning a holiday there are lots of factors to take into consideration the first things that spring to mind are where to go, what to pack, and what to do once you arrive. Though sometimes it doesn’t matter how well you plan, there are times that events are out of your control. That's when travel insurance becomes important for compensating you for unforeseen emergencies during your travels.
1. Your flight has been cancelled.
2. Your bags are lost and your medication is in it. You need to have an emergency prescription filled.
3. Your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport.
4. You're involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. You need medical evacuation.
5. You need to cancel your trip due to illness.
6. Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. You need your non-refundable expenses covered and to get to your destination.
7. You have a medical emergency in a foreign country.
8. A terrorist incident occurs in the city where you’re planning to visit and you want to cancel your trip.
9. A hurricane forces you to evacuate your resort, hotel or cruise.
We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance that will cover any overseas medical costs. Ensure that your insurance covers you for the whole time you will be away and confirm what is included in the policy.