How to get around in Beijing?
11:29 Mar.05, 2014
China Tour Guide
I’m going to Beijing during my summer vacation. How to get around and enjoy a good time?Has anyone has good idea to travel without a tour guide? Any advice on traveling in Beijing are welcome!

Re RE:Olivia : It's a wonderful experience to try the lifestyle of local Beijinger .You can start your day with a local breakfast which consists of tofu with a  spicy sauce,deep fried donut,a basket of meat buns , and wonton soup with dumplings . Wandering around in the small alleys has a lot fun .You can start from nanluoguxiang , and walk up north, and then east will get you to the drum and bell tower .

Re RE:Olivia : Heylo Olivia! 

Beijing is pretty English-friendly for first time travelers. Getting around the subway is not too complicated as the announcements are in Chinese and English. As a first time visitor I would perhaps be more comfortable traveling with a tour guide as they do know all the ins and outs of the city. 

Traveling by yourself is also safe but if you're not too sure what sights to visit having a tour guide is handy. My tip is if you plan on travelling solo its best to plan before you take off to China so you're well prepared. 

Hope you have fun! 

Re RE:Olivia : Hello, Oliva. I've been to Beijing several years ago. And I happened to travel to Beijing also in summer vocation. Summer is a great time to travel to Beijing, I think. 

Well, ok, back to your question. There are a lot of places you can visit in Beijing. Those famous attractions like Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, the Forbidden City... There are couples of sites like these. But, I would recommend some great ones. The Great Wall is the place well worth seeing. Really. And, the Wangfujin Street. Yeah, I love this street a lot.. Those cute and exquisite handcrafts are excellent, I bought some for my friends as gifts. And, do not miss the snacks sold in the street. I love them.

Nanluoguxiang, hmm, this is a greaaaat place you should go. You will find surprises there. And Houhai. If you want some awesome bars, Houhai is a great choice.

I've been several other places. But the above ones gave me the best memories.

By the way, I travel to Beijing by myself. But, of course, before the travel I searched a lot on the Internet and had asked advice from others like what you are doing now. If you have collected enough information, you can travel in Beijing without a tour guide..

Anyway, wish you a nice trip..

• <
  • »

You need to login for post subject Login | Sign UP
100 characters left

Event Posts

Lhasa Kailash Small Group Tour via Everest Base Camp 2016|2017

Date: Oct.23,2016

Capture the essence of Beijing during this 5 day tour where you will be taken to the most famous and authentic areas of Beijing. For the adventure lovers you can ... >> Details
• TripAdvisor East Africa Safaris…
• 21"*10k Bangladesh Market …
• test
• Ghorepani Poon hill best trekki…
• Trekking and Tour Services in N…

Peking Duck

>> Details Peking Duck, also known as Beijing Roast Duck, is a delicacy that has gained worldwide reputation for its distinctive flavor of yummy red color, crisp …

New Year's Eve Dinner

>> Details Chinese New Year is all about bringing the family together for a reunion which is one of the most important aspects of the festival. On New Year&rs…
Elin Zhu

We are Member of

Copyright © 1998 - 2015. All Rights Reserved to 粤ICP备12036137号-3 License Number:L-GD-CJ00057 PATA Membership Number:#1793