What preparations to make before travel to Tibet?
15:43 Mar.14, 2014
China Tour Guide
I’m planning a trip to Tibet in April. Is April a great time to travel to Tibet? If it is, then what preparations should I make before the trip? I know Tibet is a remote destination to get access to and I want to enjoy the trip to the most. So any of your suggestions are welcomed.

Re RE:Jim : Hello. Tibet has its special and unique views in different month. The best time to travel to Tibet is July to September, but April is a good time to travel to Tibet.
You do have something to prepare before you travel to Tibet. First of all, you have to apply your Tibet Travel Permit along with your valid passport and visa to visit Tibet.
As most places in Tibet have an altitude more than 3,000 meters, it is declined that people travel there may have the health risk of altitude sickness. So to fight with this uncomfortable recreation, you have to make some preparations. Get as fit and healthy as possible before visiting. Get yourself accustomed with proper acclimatization by daily gradual ascent exercises. You can go 330-400 meters every day and have a rest after each 1,000 meters ascent. This may help your body used to higher altitudes and the decreased oxygen supply.
Because of the high altitude, atmosphere in Tibet is quite thin and the sun is much stronger. You’d better bring your sunscreen and sunglasses to prevent from sunburn.
Have a nice trip to Tibet.

• <
  • »

You need to login for post subject Login | Sign UP
100 characters left

Event Posts

Lhasa Kailash Small Group Tour via Everest Base Camp 2016|2017

Date: Oct.23,2016

Capture the essence of Beijing during this 5 day tour where you will be taken to the most famous and authentic areas of Beijing. For the adventure lovers you can ... >> Details
• TripAdvisor East Africa Safaris…
• 21"*10k Bangladesh Market …
• test
• Ghorepani Poon hill best trekki…
• Trekking and Tour Services in N…

New Year's Eve Dinner

>> Details Chinese New Year is all about bringing the family together for a reunion which is one of the most important aspects of the festival. On New Year&rs…

Chinese Cooking Techniques

>> Details Cooking is really a complicated process. If to make a delicate dish, except innovative ideas and materials preparation, cooking techniques are also ver…
Elin Zhu

We are Member of

Copyright © 1998 - 2015. All Rights Reserved to Chinatouradvisors.com 粤ICP备12036137号-3 License Number:L-GD-CJ00057 PATA Membership Number:#1793