What to buy in Tibet?
17:31 Mar.14, 2014
China Tour Guide
Is there any special local Tibet products that worth shopping if I travel in Tibet? I want to buy some local items as gifts for my firends. Thank you.

Re RE:Jim : There are many things worth to buy in Tibet.These shopping treasures are featured with rich Tibetan culture and local life, including Thangka, Tibetan jewelry, Tibetan carpet, Tibetan knife, Tibetan mask, Tibetan medicine and so on.

Here are someting you can not miss shopping in Tibet.

Thangka is an exquisite Tibetan scroll.It's mainly about Tibetan Buddhism.The material of Thangka is comprehensive from cloth, embroidery, paper, brocade to silk tapestry or applique.

Tibetan jewelry is exotic and aesthetically pleasing.It's featured with its materials.Tibetan jewelry is usually made from metals,stones and bones such as silver, gold, and copper,turquoise, agate, wood, and bamboo, pearls, coral,yak bones.

Tibetan medicine is famous for its good curative effect on some diseases and its special processing method.The popular Tibetan medicine include saffron, aweto and snow lotus.

Hope you have a nice trip!

• <
  • »

You need to login for post subject Login | Sign UP
100 characters left

Event Posts

Lhasa Kailash Small Group Tour via Everest Base Camp 2016|2017

Date: Oct.23,2016

Capture the essence of Beijing during this 5 day tour where you will be taken to the most famous and authentic areas of Beijing. For the adventure lovers you can ... >> Details
• TripAdvisor East Africa Safaris…
• 21"*10k Bangladesh Market …
• test
• Ghorepani Poon hill best trekki…
• Trekking and Tour Services in N…

Staple Food

>> Details Stable food is the main food on the table, as well as the main source of energy that people need. There are two main stable food in China: rice and noo…

Tibetan Zanba

>> Details When you travel to Tibet, you will find there is a kind of food called Zanba always served in the table. Zanba is one of the traditional staple food fo…
Elin Zhu

We are Member of

Copyright © 1998 - 2015. All Rights Reserved to Chinatouradvisors.com 粤ICP备12036137号-3 License Number:L-GD-CJ00057 PATA Membership Number:#1793