Any famous and unique Chinese ancient towns to recommend?
16:13 Mar.21, 2014
China Tour Guide
I’m studying Chinese history and culture currently. And I was impressed by the long and rich history and culture of the ancient China. One of my friends who ever went to China told me that learning ancient towns in China is a good method to know more about Chinese history and culture. So I was wondering, maybe I should take a trip to some great ancient towns in China. But before this, I want to get a general idea of famous or unique Chinese ancient towns. Any information about this topic is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Re RE:Oliver : Except those ancient towns the other two mentioned in their answers, I have others to provide.
Hongcun Ancient Village and Xidi Ancient Village in Anhui Province have great views. There are not only ancient, but also natural.These two villages are classic and outstanding representatives of Hui-styled history and culture. You should not miss them when travel to China.
Also, other ancient towns and villages I’ve never been to, but already heard of are Tunxi Village, Luzhi Ancient Town, Arctic Village, Qibao Ancient Town and Zhujiajiao Ancient Town in Shnghai, Pingyao Ancient Town in Shanxi, Dali and Lijiang in Yunnan, Ciqikou Ancient Town in Chongqing. Hope this information would provide some help. 

Re RE:Oliver : Still, there are many other ancient towns that are famous and beautiful, and also have great culture and history to explore. Here I have some other information about Chinese ancient towns for your reference.

Zhouzhuang in Zhejiang Province.
Tongli Town in Jiangsu Province.
Xitang Ancient Town in Zhejiang Province.
Chikan Ancient Town in Guangdong Province.
Changding in Fujian Province.
Ancient village along the Kanas River in Xinjiang.
Heshun Town in Yunnan Province.
Qingyan Ancient Town in Guizhou Province.
Fenghuang Ancient Town in Hunan Province.

Re RE:Oliver : Well, well, as far as I know, there are a number of ancient towns in China that not only have unique ancient history and culture, but also have attractive landscapes. FYI, here is a list of famous Chinese ancient towns for your reference.

Danba Tibetan Village: Danba is a Tibetan village that is a great place to learn the magic and mysterious Tibetan customs and cultures. Its ultra beautiful and marvelous landscapes deep in the mountains are great temptations for many tourists.

Huangyao Ancient Town: this ancient town located in Guangxi Province has a history of a thousand years is a typical ancient town to know more about the Ming and Qing Dynasties of the ancient China.

Wuyuan Ancient Town: Wuyuan is situated in Jiangxi Province of China. It is a typical Hui-styled ancient town that featured with local cultures, historic relics and beautiful natural attractions. By the way, Wuyuan is one of the places that have the best views of rape flowers in China.

Wuzhen: Wuzhen is one of the classic ancient towns in souther Yangtze River. It has a history of 1,200 years. Water, river, bridge,, black tiled but white walled ancient folk house, these featured characters of Southern Yangtze River has made Wuzhen a great destination for tourists.

• <
  • »

You need to login for post subject Login | Sign UP
100 characters left

Event Posts

Lhasa Kailash Small Group Tour via Everest Base Camp 2016|2017

Date: Oct.23,2016

Capture the essence of Beijing during this 5 day tour where you will be taken to the most famous and authentic areas of Beijing. For the adventure lovers you can ... >> Details
• TripAdvisor East Africa Safaris…
• 21"*10k Bangladesh Market …
• test
• Ghorepani Poon hill best trekki…
• Trekking and Tour Services in N…

Ginseng Chicken Soup

>> Details Jilin is the ginseng production base in Asia and the health benefits of the herb have further increased its popularity. The most precious Ginseng can b…

Staple Food

>> Details Stable food is the main food on the table, as well as the main source of energy that people need. There are two main stable food in China: rice and noo…
Elin Zhu

We are Member of

Copyright © 1998 - 2015. All Rights Reserved to 粤ICP备12036137号-3 License Number:L-GD-CJ00057 PATA Membership Number:#1793