The must try food in Chengdu and Chongqing
11:56 Mar.25, 2014
Eden
China Food
Hi there,I'm going to spend a couple of days in Chongqing and Chengdu.I'd like to know some some recommendation of the local musty try food and visits.Thanks!

Re RE:Eden : I’d like to talk about food that must try in Chengdu and Chongqing, because I love Sichuan food so much. In Chengdu you can eat authentic Sichuan food. And Chongqing food is actually a branch of Sichuan food, it is spicier and stronger in taste compared with usual Sichuan food.
Chongqing Hot Pot is famous all over in China, thus hot pot is the must to try when in Chongqing. Other ones are Dandan noodles, Jiangtuan Fish, Cross-the-bridge wonton, Sliced meat with crispy rice, Chongqing noodles and Steamed chicken with chili sauce. You can find original local Chongqing food in those food streets, like Nanbin Road Food Street, Ciqikou Ancient Town and Three Gorge Square.
For eating in Chengdu, those classic Sichuan dishes like Ma Po Tofu, Kung Pao Chicken, Chao Shou, Mao Xue Wang, Clear Noodles in Chili Sauce and Braised Pork Guikui are what to eat in Chengdu. Besides those popular restaurants, you can find authentic local food in food streets like Yi Pin Tian Xia Food Street, Yangxi Line, Funan New Street and Jinli Ancient Street.
If you are into spicy food, my advice is preparing yourself for various delicious food when in Chongqing and Chengdu. Hahaha.

Re RE:Eden :
The most famous Chengdu dishes include Kung Pao Chicken, Ma Po Tofu (tofu chunks in a spicy meat sauce) and Huíguōròu (twice cooked pork).You can also not miss the local snacks like Mào cài (meat and vegetables cooked in cauldrons of chilli oil),Féicháng fěn (pig intestines in chilli sauce) and so on.The most famous Chongqing dishes include Chongqing hotpot,dandan noodles,Jiangtuan Fish,guo qiao hun tun(Cross-the-bridge Wonton) and kou shui ji(Steamed Chicken with Chili Sauce).Have a nice trip!

• <
  • »

You need to login for post subject Login | Sign UP
100 characters left

Event Posts

Lhasa Kailash Small Group Tour via Everest Base Camp 2016|2017

Date: Oct.23,2016

Capture the essence of Beijing during this 5 day tour where you will be taken to the most famous and authentic areas of Beijing. For the adventure lovers you can ... >> Details
• TripAdvisor East Africa Safaris…
• 21"*10k Bangladesh Market …
• test
• Ghorepani Poon hill best trekki…
• Trekking and Tour Services in N…

Chinese Cooking Techniques

>> Details Cooking is really a complicated process. If to make a delicate dish, except innovative ideas and materials preparation, cooking techniques are also ver…

Staple Food

>> Details Stable food is the main food on the table, as well as the main source of energy that people need. There are two main stable food in China: rice and noo…
Test
Elin Zhu
Youergs
Operewey
Dimitrina
Woerppa

We are Member of

Copyright © 1998 - 2015. All Rights Reserved to Chinatouradvisors.com 粤ICP备12036137号-3 License Number:L-GD-CJ00057 PATA Membership Number:#1793