Recommendations for local Guilin food?
17:56 Mar.25, 2014
China Food
I’m traveling to Guilin next week. I know Guilin has beautiful landscapes, the Li River, Elephant Trunk Hill, Yangshuo, Longji Rice Terraces, Butterfly Spring and so on. But, I was wondering if there is delicious local food that we tourists should not miss. If there are, what are there names? And where should I go to find them? Do you know some famous restaurants in Guilin that provides authentic local food? Any information is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Re RE:Andrew : If you want eat like the local people in Guilin.There are a lot of Guilin local food and cuisine you can  not miss like Water chestnuts,Mangosteen,Osmanthus wine,Pepper Sauce,Pomelo,Guilin Rice Noodle,Da Youcha (Oil Tea),Yangshuo Beer Fish,Lipu Taro Root with Streaky Pork,Stuffed River Snails,Steam Pork Wrapped with Lotus Leaf,Zhuang Minority Bamboo Rice and Duck with Duck Acetic Blood Hotpot.Guilin cuisine are healthy and delicious.Have a nice trip! 

Re RE:Andrew : When I traveled to Guilin last year, our travel guide introduced us some great local Guilin food. Yes, there are quite delicious and tasty.
I still remembered the delicious Guilin rice noodles. This is very famous in China and the guide said you can eat in many other places in China, but those of Guilin should have the most authentic taste.
Besides the Guilin rice noodles, there are other dishes that you should not miss out. The nun noodles, chestnut glutinous rice dumplings, stewed duck with gingko, lotus-leaf duck, and stewed duck with ginger.
There are also some Guilin dishes that use food materials from the Li River, like the Stuffed Li River Snails and Steamed Li River Fish.
The above mentioned are dishes I tried when I was in Guilin. Hope your trip be as wonderful as mine.

• <
  • »

You need to login for post subject Login | Sign UP
100 characters left

Event Posts

TripAdvisor East Africa Safaris

Date: Oct.11,2016

Capture the essence of Beijing during this 5 day tour where you will be taken to the most famous and authentic areas of Beijing. For the adventure lovers you can ... >> Details
• 21"*10k Bangladesh Market …
• test
• Ghorepani Poon hill best trekki…
• Trekking and Tour Services in N…
• Trekking and Tour Agency In Nep…

Osmanthus Jelly

>> Details Osmanthus Jelly is a delicious and refreshing sweet desert which has a history over 300 years. The sweet jelly is made using gelatin, Osmanthus syrup a…

Mid Autumn Festival Mooncake

>> Details Mooncake is a kind of Chinese bakery pastries to be eaten at the Chinese traditional Mid-autumn Festival. Mooncakes are considered as an indispensable …
Elin Zhu

We are Member of

Copyright © 1998 - 2015. All Rights Reserved to 粤ICP备12036137号-3 License Number:L-GD-CJ00057 PATA Membership Number:#1793