Any recommended places to watch Peking Opera in Beijing?
11:37 Apr.01, 2014
China Tour Guide
I’m traveling to Beijing the week after next week. I’ve already planned some attractions to fill my schedule. At the same time, I’m quite interested in the art of Peking Opera and adore the famous actor Mei Lanfang. I want to watch several Peking Opera shows when I’m traveling in Beijing. So do you know where should I go if I want to watch Peking Opera? Any recommendations are highly welcomed.

Re RE:Gloria : Peking Opera is considered the national treasure for the Chinese people and it has a long history. If you want to watch some excellent Peking Opera shows in Beijing, there are several theatres for your choice listed as follows.

Liyuan Theatre
Address: 1/F Qianmen Hotel, Yongan Road, Hufangqiao, Xuanwu District, Beijing

Huguang Huiguan Ancient Opera Building
Add: 3 Hufang Road, Xuanwu District ,Beijing

Chang'an Grand Theatre
Add:In the Guanghua Chang an piazza ,East Chang an Avenue

Zhengyici Theatre
Add: 220 Xiheyan Street

Lao She Teahouse
Address: 3 Qianmen Xidajie, Xuanwu District

Meilanfang Grand Theatre
Address: 32 Pinganli Xidajie, Xicheng District

Tian Qiao Happy Teahouse (Tianqiao Le Cha Yuan, Tian qiao le Chaguan)
Address: 1 Beiwei lu (near Tianqiao Theatre), Xuanwu District

Changan Grand Theater
Address: 7 Jiangguomen NeiDajie

Chaoyang Theater
Address: 36 Dongsanhuan Beilu, Chaoyang District

You can choose one from the above mentioned theatres. Hope this would do some help for your incoming wonderful Beijing tour.

• <
  • »

You need to login for post subject Login | Sign UP
100 characters left

Event Posts

Lhasa Kailash Small Group Tour via Everest Base Camp 2016|2017

Date: Oct.23,2016

Capture the essence of Beijing during this 5 day tour where you will be taken to the most famous and authentic areas of Beijing. For the adventure lovers you can ... >> Details
• TripAdvisor East Africa Safaris…
• 21"*10k Bangladesh Market …
• test
• Ghorepani Poon hill best trekki…
• Trekking and Tour Services in N…

Guangdong Cuisine

>> Details Yue cuisine, also known as Guangdong cuisine and Cantonese cuisine, is one of the eight native cuisines in China. It has obtained high reputation at ho…

Shanghai Cuisine

>> Details Touring Shanghai tasting the delicious gourmet is all part of Shanghai Culture. Feasting on Shanghai&rsquo;s famous delicacies such as Xiaolongbao …
Elin Zhu

We are Member of

Copyright © 1998 - 2015. All Rights Reserved to 粤ICP备12036137号-3 License Number:L-GD-CJ00057 PATA Membership Number:#1793