Guangzhou Haopan Mosque
The major existing building of Haopan Mosque Guangzhou includes the main hall and the gate. The gate is facing to the south. The main hall is located in the west and opposite to the east, widening 18.8 meters and deepening 19.6 meters.
The Haopan Mosque is quiet and tastefully laid out like a garden. In the past, the Muslims used to attend religious services according to their residence quarters. Many soldiers stationed in Guangzhou believed in the Islam. They raised funds to build several mosques in the reign of Emperor Chenghua in the Ming Dynasty. Haopan Mosque was built then and was rebuilt in 1706, the 45th year of Emperor Kangxi's reign in the Qing Dynasty.
Haopan Mosque History
In 1927, the Muslims scholars once set up a Hui language college to cultivate the Imam successors. The college also published the Islamic journal Yuwisahwa Monthly, and republished such famous publications as The Guide Book of Islam, which had a profound effect on the propaganda of Islam at home and abroad as a main course of scripture hall education.
Since 1952, Haopan Mosque went through several ups and downs. In 1993, it was enlisted with the Guangzhou Municipal Key Historical and Cultural Protection Unit, and in 1994, a major reconstruction programme commenced such that on May 17, 1998, it officially re-opened to the public, with Guangzhou Arabic Extracurricular Training Courses being held there in September of that year. Nowadays, this mosque become one of Guangzhou's major religious venues.
Guangzhou Haopan Mosque Address:
378 Haopan Street, Rennin Middle Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou
Tel: 020-81091123, 020-68924279
Bus: take bus 134, 823, 86, 238, 82, 61, 4, 8 to Yide Xizhan Station
Recommend China Tours
D1: Arrival at Guangzhou D2: Dongguan Hillview Golf Club(A&B) D3: Dongguan Hill...
From USD 974P/P
Hong Kong, Macau & G...
This program is supported by the Hong Kong Tourism Board. Take this tour to taste all deli...
From USD 413P/P