Dongchuan Red Land
Introduction to Dongchuan Red Land (昆明东川红土地)
Dongchuan Red Land is located at 250 kilometers from Kunming, it is considered the most grand and magnificent red soil land in the world besides the red land in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. And it is believed it's more powerful and beautiful than Brazil's. The most beautiful views has to be during sunrise and sunset.
Address: Huashitou Country, Xinxiang Town, Dongchuan District, Kunming, Yunnan Province
Damakan Village, Seven-Color Slope, Embroidery Garden, Sunset Valley, Music Hollow, Tiled House Bridge, River Snail Bay
Openning Hours: All day long
Visiting Time: 1~2 days
Best Time to Visit:
1. September to November. Some fields are turned over for new crops with large red earth exposed, others are planted with green highland barley and wheat, decorated by white cole flowers. The feild is colorful and gorgeous during this season.
2. May to June. In summer while the potato flowers open and wheat is ripe, the red land turns out to be the golden waves of cornfeild dotted by little flowers. It is a perfect time to capture the Red Land landscape.
1. Take a direct bus from Kunming North Bus Station and get off at Huagou, which will cost about 4 hours to reach the Red Land.
2. Driving to Dongchuan by the motorway from Kunming takes about 3 hours.
1. Sunset Valley is the best place to appreciate the sunset while Damakan Village is to the sunrise landscape.
2. It is suggested to rent a car to transfer among attrations for the Red Land Scenic Area is too large to tour on foot.
3. Red Land will show different facinating landscape depending on the chageable weather. If you are a professional photographer, we suggest you stay at least two days to capture the most beautiful scenery.
Tour including Visiting Dongchuan Red Land
Recommend China Tours
Amazing Southern Chi...
This leisure tour will start from Guangzhou, you will then continue to the beautiful Li Ri...
From USD 1235P/P
16 Days Southwest Yu...
Enjoy this fantastic Yunnan 16 day tour where you can learn about the ancient tea culture....
From USD 2648P/P