Introduction to Qinghai Lake (青海湖)
Qinghai Lake, also called as "Kukuzhuoer", means "blue sea" in Mongolian.Located in the northeastern of Qinghai basin,it is China's largest inland lake and also China's largest saltwater lake.The lake is 105 km long, 63 km wide, perimeter 360 kilometers, covering an area of 4583 square kilometers, 459.76 square kilometers large than the China's largest freshwater lake.Maximum depth of the lake is 38 meters with catchment area is about 29,661 square kilometers and the elevation of 3196 m.
Between Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefectures, Northeastern Qinghai, China
Sand Island, Bird Island, Grassland around the Lake
Admission for Sand Island: 70 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 35 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Admission for Bird Island: 100 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 60 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Opening Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:30PM
1. Visitors can take special line at the bus station located in the south of Xining Railway Station, which takes about 35 Yuan.
2. Visitors can also take train T151 from Beijing to Xining Caojiabao Airport, then take special line at the airport to Qinghai Lake.
1. Recommended duration for a visit is about 1 to 2 days.
2. The best time to visit there is in summer, especially in July and August.
3. It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation around will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
Tour including Visiting Qinghai Lake
Recommend China Tours
7 Day Hong Kong and ...
Sightseeing tour and great shopping experience in Venetian Macao for 7 days. Package in...
From USD 275P/P
Hangzhou Essence 3 D...
Come and take this tour to Hangzhou for the admiration of its beautiful scenery. You wi...
From USD 133P/P
6-Day Yangtze River ...
5 star super value Yangtze Cruise, airport or train station pickup in Yichang, pickup from...
From USD 522P/P
Please check our Fixed Departure Tibet Tour Calendar. It shows all available tour days an...
From USD 1599P/P
The Last Hurdle Tour...
Discover the engineering marvel of the Great Wall of China at the older Mutianyu Sectio...
From USD 65P/P