Introduction to Qinghai Lake (青海湖)
Qinghai Lake, also called as "Kukuzhuoer", means "blue sea" in Mongolian.Located in the northeastern of Qinghai basin,it is China's largest inland lake and also China's largest saltwater lake.The lake is 105 km long, 63 km wide, perimeter 360 kilometers, covering an area of 4583 square kilometers, 459.76 square kilometers large than the China's largest freshwater lake.Maximum depth of the lake is 38 meters with catchment area is about 29,661 square kilometers and the elevation of 3196 m.
Between Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefectures, Northeastern Qinghai, China
Sand Island, Bird Island, Grassland around the Lake
Admission for Sand Island: 70 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 35 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Admission for Bird Island: 100 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 60 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Opening Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:30PM
1. Visitors can take special line at the bus station located in the south of Xining Railway Station, which takes about 35 Yuan.
2. Visitors can also take train T151 from Beijing to Xining Caojiabao Airport, then take special line at the airport to Qinghai Lake.
1. Recommended duration for a visit is about 1 to 2 days.
2. The best time to visit there is in summer, especially in July and August.
3. It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation around will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
Tour including Visiting Qinghai Lake
Recommend China Tours
Hong Kong Macau and ...
Morning flight to HK, half day sightseeing tour, one day Macau tour, one day Giant Buddha ...
From USD 251P/P
Shanghai Suzhou & Ha...
Come and take this tour itinerary to see the modern and busy Shanghai, the beautiful Ha...
From USD 460P/P
Guilin Essence & Lon...
Visit the most famous Guilin for the most wonderful sightseeing. You can also experienc...
From USD 294P/P
Beijing Imperial Cul...
A day tour to capture the essence of Beijing's imperial culture by visiting the classic...
From USD 45P/P
Home of Panda & Anci...
On this tour, you will get closer to the adorable Pandas in the wild environment. Follow t...
From USD 185P/P