Pines, rocks, clouds, and hot springs on Huangshan Mountain
2011-07-26 Mical Sights Anhui 1587
As is known to all, Huangshan, which locates in city Huangshan of Anhui province, is called the No. 1 Mountain in the World. The famous person—Xu Xiake visited Huangshan twice and exclaimed that “The landscape of the Five Famous Mountains belittles that elsewhere, and the landscape of Huangshan Mountain belittles that of the Five Famous Mountains.” Many Chinese poets and literary experts left wonderful poems, and you may notice the charming of Huangshan.
I planed to climb up Huangshan long time ago, but always delayed by many reasons, and I bought the ticket this time without doubt, and then had a 2 days tour for climbing Huangshan.
1. Travel from Shanghai-Huangshan by train at 17:45 pm on Friday. (Arrive in Huangshan station at 7:00 am next day)
2. Huangshan station is located in Tunxi of Anhui, and need to take a bus to Huangshan Tangkou at the bus station which is opposite of the train station.
3. When arrive in Tangkou, waiting a bus at the station, and take bus to Ciguang pavilion or Cloudy Valley Temple.
4. My regular itinerary:
Saturday: Cloudy Valley Temple-White Goose Ling- Black Tiger Pine-Harp Pine-Shixin Peak (back)- Black Tiger Pine-Beihai-West Sea-Paiyunlou-Flying stone-Bright Summit (watch the sunset and live in the villa of Bright Summit)
Sunday: Bright Summit (watch the sunrise)-Sky Sea-Aoyu Peak-Lotus Peak- Jade Screen Pavilion-Greeting Pine-Old Canal-New Canal-Hill Temple- Ciguang pavilion
5.Then back to Huangshan train station by bus.
6. Travel from Huangshan to Shanghai by train at 19:10 pm on Sunday. (Arrived in Shanghai station at about 08:00 am next day)
My feeling after visiting:
1. As a National 5A scenic spot, the entrance fee of Huangshan is not cheap, the full price of ticket is RMB 230 in peak season.
2. The two red lines on the left of the picture represent station of Ciguang Pavilion. Jade screen cableway is called the front range of Huangshan.
3. The two red lines on the right of the picture represent the station of Cloudy Valley Temple. Cloudy Valley cableway is called the back hill of Huangshan.
4. Because the road of Front Range is steep and the scenery is relatively humdrum, so it is suggested to hike from back hill up and down from back hill.
5. Lotus Peak and Tiandu Peak open in turn, it means only one peak will be open at the same time.
6. In the peak season, the hotel room is tight and expensive, you need pay attention that there is no bargain.
The following are the pictures of the Huangshan 2 Days Tour:
Itinerary: Cloudy Valley Temple-White Goose Ling- Black Tiger Pine-Harp Pine-Shixin Peak (back)- Black Tiger Pine-Beihai-West Sea-Paiyunlou-Flying stone-Bright Summit (watch the sunset& sunrise)-Sky Sea-Aoyu Peak-Lotus Peak- Jade Screen Pavilion-Greeting Pine-Old Canal-New Canal-Hill Temple- Ciguang Pavilion
The train arrived at Huangshan stop, which is not very big.
The opposite of train station is Bus station, we took bus from Tunxi to Huangshan.
Waiting for bus at Tangkou, Huangshan
The right side is Cloudy Valley cableway, and you can hike from the middle way..
This scenic spot is named after “Fairy Points the way”, but many people could not understand.
We often meet the porters when hiking, we should take pictures for them.
This is the famous “Flying Stone” in the book “A Dream in Red Mansions”.
Viewed from Flying Stone, the reservoir is just like a jasper.
Strange Pine is a wonder of Mt. Huangshan.
Sunset seen from Bright Peak
Sunset on the Bright Peak
This sphere is the landmark of Bright Peak. This picture was taken when people were watching the sunrise.
This picture was also taken when people were watching the sunrise in Bright Peak.
The magic scenery
Sunrise seen on the Bright Peak
Sunrise seen on the Bright Peak
The sunglow seen from Aoyu Peak
The golden light shines directly to the peak of Mountain
The lovely cuckoo in Mt, Huangshan
This pretty bird is common in Huangshan, but I don’t know its name.
The wonderful scenery on the way to Lotus Peak
Climbing up the peak in Huangshan—Lotus Peak
The picture shows the height of Lotus Peak is 1864.8 meters.
You will see the Guest-Goodbye Pine before the Greeting Pine.
And you will see the rock before Greeting-Pine.
This is the famous Guest-Greeting Pine.
We saw the pure and rare cuckoo when going down the hill
This is the pinky cuckoo, which is nice and hide behind the rock.
This is my ending place—Ciguang Pavilion
We have Mount Huangshan Tours every week. In January and February 2016, tours are available every Monday except 8 Feb. We also have good price hotel rate in Huangshan area at the best money value deal.