Beijing Imperial Culture One Day Tour
- Route Map
Next head for the Taimiao (Imperial Ancestral Temple), a historic site just outside the Forbidden City. It held the most important festival occasions during both the Ming and Qing Dynasties. From here you will make your way to the Meridian Gate, front entrance to the Forbidden City and begin your 4-hour in-depth journey in the palace. The Forbidden City is the best preserved imperial palace in China and the largest ancient palatial structure in the world. The tour covers the West, East and Central Line where you visit the corner towers, museums, royal gardens, royal family residence and more. During this 4-hour visit (regular group only visit the Central Line with 2 hours), immerse yourself in the splendid architecture of the Forbidden City which represents the essence and culmination of traditional Chinese architectural accomplishment.
Relax over a Chinese lunch inside the Forbidden City, then proceed to the Temple of Heaven, which dates back to 1420. As you may figure out from its name, this religious complex mainly hosts annual ceremonies of prayer to Heaven for good harvest by the Emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties. With its grand size of architectures and profound cultural connotation, Temple of Heaven offer visitors a great chance to touch Chinese history.
Tour concludes at around 5:00pm and you will be dropped off at the closest subway station and return to your hotel by yourself.
Free morning pickup available for hotels located in the area of 3 Ring Road of Beijing. Otherwise please go to the KFC Restaurant in Qianmen East Street, nearby the Exit B of Qianmen Metro Station of Line 2.
- Price per person in U.S.dollarChange a currency:USD
- Entrance Tickets
- Pick-up service from hotel
- Air-conditioned tour coach
- English Speaking tour guide
- Typical Chinese lunch
- Flight ticket
- Visa Fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips given to your tour guide and driver at your own discretion.
* Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
* This tour is a SIC tour, meaning seat-in-coach, with a driver and a tour guide. You will share a coach with other passengers. Hotel information should be provided 24 hours before departure.
* We pickup from most of downtown hotels in Beijing. The pickup place is hotel lobby
* The scheduled hotel pickup time is between 7:00am and 7:30am. Your tour guide will call you at your hotel before 10pm the day prior to tour departure to reconfirm exact time.
* If you do not receive a phone call from your tour guide the day before tour departure, please check with the front desk of your hotel for messages or refer to the emergency phone number on your confirmation voucher and call your tour operator.
* Please note that pickup service is only available to guests staying at downtown Beijing hotels. If you live in the outskirt of Beijing please go to the KFC Restaurant in Qianmen East Street, nearby the Exit B of Qianmen Metro Station of Line 2.
* No refund for no show and late arrival.
* After the tour, you will be droped off at a subway station. Because of heavy traffic jam in rush hour in Beijing, this is the fastest way back to your hotel. Your tour guide will give you clear instruction of which subway and how many stops, which exit is the nearest to your hotel.
Notice: You can not see your question shown on our website instantly. We will answer your questions by email.