Pingyao One Day Tour
- Route Map
- 9 hours
Explore the charm of the famous ancient historical and cultural Pingyao to know the unique history and culture of Shanxi Province. You will visit Pingyao Ancient City, Rishengchang Exchange House and Wang's Family Compound during this tour.
- Private tranfer during the whole tour
- Private English guide
- Enjoy the main scenery in Pingyao
- Recommended Seasons:
- spring summer autumn winter
Visit:● Rishengchang Exchange House ● Wang''s Family Compound ● Pingyao Ancient City
Our guide will pick you up at the hotel and take you to visit Pingyao Anicent City at first. Pingyao Ancient City is one of the four best-preserved ancient cities in China. It is situated in Pingyao County in the center of Shanxi Province. This ancient city has a history more than 2,700 years has remained the intact appearance Ming and Qing Dynasty and is quite an outstanding example that displays the economy, culture, society and religion of the ancient Ming and Dynasty. Inside the Pingyao Ancient City, you will visit the magnificent Ancient City Wall, stroll on the Ming-Qing Street and see numerous featured buildings.
Rishengchang Exchange House will be arranged for the next attraction to see. Richangsheng Exchange House was firstly opened during the Ming and Qing Dynasty to provide banking business for Shanxi merchants. It is the first money exchange house in China and is considered as the founder of modern banks. As a production of the prosperous culture of Shanxi merchants, the architecture of Richangsheng is an outstanding representative of local Shanxi culture. It is a combination of architectural art and function that applies the traditional style of local folk houses and also the features of local business shops. You will trace the past prosperity and glorious history from the house.
Next our guide will transfer you to visit Wang’s Family Compound. The Wang’s Family Compound is a large and magnificent architectural complex of traditional Chinese folk houses of the Qing Dynasty. This compound covers an area of 250,000 square meters with several hundreds of courtyards and thousands of houses. The Wang’s Family is reputed as a museum for architectural arts. There you will appreciate the essence of folk houses, carvings and decorations in construction. Also the numerous historical and cultural relics preserved in the compound will delight you.
At last, our guide will transfer you back to your hotel to conclude this tour.
- Price per person in U.S.dollarChange a currency:USD
Group Size Luxury Class Tour Deluxe Class Tour Tourist Class Tour Peak Season 1 Person - USD259 - 2 Persons - USD150 - 3-5 Persons - USD128 - 6-9 Persons - USD100 -
- Entrance tickets fees to scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals: Chinese lunches
- Private transfers between airport, hotel and scenic spots while sightseeing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide.
- Guide service: English speaking tour guide.
- Hotel accommodation based on twin share.
- International airfare or train tickets to enter or leave China.
- China entry visa fees.
- Personal expenses: such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
- Single room supplement
- Tips to guide and driver. (Tiping standard: USD 8/person/day.)
* Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 5, 2015), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2015), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 28-Feb 7, 2015).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
* You will enjoy more discount if there are more people who take part in the tour.
Notice: You can not see your question shown on our website instantly. We will answer your questions by email.