Introduction to Baiyu Monastery (白玉寺)
Baiyu Monastery is located in Baiyu County, where is between Derge and Batang in the west of Sichuan province, the southeast of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, the east side of upper Jinsha River.
As a famous Nyingmapa monastery, Baiyu Monastery was built in 1675, meaning "Auspious land". The monastery was founded by Kunzang Sherab, who was the first throne holder. It is one of the Six Mother Monasteries that follow the thought of Nyingma school, or the Ancient Translation Tradition of Tibetan Buddhism. Baiyu Monastery holds hundreds of monks from all over the country, many of whom travelled great distances from affiliated branch monasteries.
Baiyu County, between Derge and Batang in the west of Sichuan Province, Southwest of China
Admission for Baiyu Monastery: free
Opening Hours: whole day
1. Visitors can take special-line buses from the downtown Garze to Baiyu County, and then transfer a private car to visit Baiyu Monastery.
1. Recommended duration for a visit is about one day.
2. The weather there changes a lot between day and night, so it is suggested to bring coats even in summer.
3. Visitors should pay respects to the local customs.
4. It is not recommended to visit attractions above during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation around will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
Recommend China Tours
Splendid and Colorfu...
In the tour, red rock shoal, rimy forests, glacier hot spring, ancient Qiang village, and ...
From USD 667P/P
Chengdu, Daocheng an...
During this amazing Sichuan tour you not only can visit the famous attractio of such as...
From USD 402P/P