Introduction to Gongga Mountain (贡嘎山)
Gongga Mountain, also called Minya Konka, is located on the south of Kangding. With an awesome height of 7,556 meters, it is regared as the highest peak east of the Himalayas, and is the highest mountain in Sichuan Province. Minya Konka peak is a high snowy peak with narrow ridges. While wildlife on the grasslands have been deeply affected by the changes in Tibet, remote mountain peaks and valleys often serve as refuges of isolation where wildlife remains abundant.
Kangding, Sichuan Province, Southwest of China
Admission for Gongga Mountain: 150 Yuan
Opening Hours: whole day
1. Visitors can take flight from Chengdu or Chongqing to Kangding Airport, then take special-line buses from the airport to Kangding. Then transfer the local bus to Gongga Mountain.
1. Recommended duration for a visit is about 2 days.
2. The best time to visit there is in May and June.
3. The weather there changes a lot between day and night, so it is suggested to bring coats even in summer.
4. It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation around will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
Recommend China Tours
Xichang, Yading and ...
On this 9 day tour you will enjoy the splendid and colorful attractio of Sichuan. Explo...
From USD 1423P/P
Kangding and Hailuog...
On this tour, you will be able to enjoy the unique plateau scenery and the ancient road of...
From USD 682P/P