Old Town of Lijiang
Introduction to Old Town of Lijiang (丽江古城)
The Old Town of Lijiang, or Lijiang Old Town, Lijiang Ancient Town, is surrounded by mountains on the plateau in Northwest Yunnan, China. It is a world cultural heritage, keeping harmony, serene and unsophisticated civil life like a pastoral song.
In the history of Modern civilization, Lijiang Old Town has become a serene and graceful garden for human spirit. The harmonious, leisure and fantastic old town is expecting guests from the world to enjoy her fairy landscape, rich cultural connotation and shining cultural treasure with her elegant and infinite charm. Lijiang Old Town is a beautiful warm historic fossil which make tourists forgetting the outside world.
With the famous Square Street at its core, roads here are mostly paved with stone boards. The twists and turns of small lanes, narrow cobbled streets and the gurgling canal all help create a place where visitors can relax themselves. Square Street was the site of a major bazaar for local residents to visit the market and stock up on necessities such as meat, vegetables, oil and herbal medicine. Now visitors will come across some interesting ethnic products and sometimes unusual antiques.
South Gate of Xianghe Road, Old Town Zone, Lijiang, Yunnan Province
Sifang Street, Mu Fu Mansion, Five Phoenix Tower, Baisha Residential Building Group, Shuhe Residential Building Group
Opening Hours: All day long
Admission Fee: 80 yuan (maintenance fee of ancient city ), but it is free after 19:00 at night.
Visiting Time: 1~3 days
Best Time to Visit: June to September, while the temperature are cool or warm and rainfalls are less.
1. Airline: There are lots of airlines to Lijiang Sanyi International Airport over the country. You can take a taxi from airport to Ancient Town. (28 kilometers)
2. Railway: There are trains from Lijiang to Dali and Kunming, of wwhich lowest price is 33 yuan.
3. Highway: Several passenger stations in Lijiang enable you to in and out the city conveniently.
1. The nearby scenery Black Dragon Pool just to the west of Dayan Ancient Town is a fascinating site which can not be missed.
2. Carry with sunscreen cream and sunglasses to filter out strong ultraviolet rays.
Tour including Visiting Old Town of Lijiang
Recommend China Tours
If you're looking for a special romantic holiday with your partner, our 12 day honeymoon t...
From USD 1387P/P
Meili Snow Mountain ...
Meili Snow Mountain is the highest mountain in Yunnan province. Its summit of Kagebo, m...
From USD 846P/P