Introduction to Qinghai Lake (青海湖)
Qinghai Lake, also called as "Kukuzhuoer", means "blue sea" in Mongolian.Located in the northeastern of Qinghai basin,it is China's largest inland lake and also China's largest saltwater lake.The lake is 105 km long, 63 km wide, perimeter 360 kilometers, covering an area of 4583 square kilometers, 459.76 square kilometers large than the China's largest freshwater lake.Maximum depth of the lake is 38 meters with catchment area is about 29,661 square kilometers and the elevation of 3196 m.
Between Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefectures, Northeastern Qinghai, China
Sand Island, Bird Island, Grassland around the Lake
Admission for Sand Island: 70 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 35 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Admission for Bird Island: 100 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 60 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Opening Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:30PM
1. Visitors can take special line at the bus station located in the south of Xining Railway Station, which takes about 35 Yuan.
2. Visitors can also take train T151 from Beijing to Xining Caojiabao Airport, then take special line at the airport to Qinghai Lake.
1. Recommended duration for a visit is about 1 to 2 days.
2. The best time to visit there is in summer, especially in July and August.
3. It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation around will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
Tour including Visiting Qinghai Lake
Recommend China Tours
Essence of Beijing a...
This is a specially designed winter tour to Beijing including exploration of Beijing's ...
From USD 279P/P
7 Day Chengdu and Gu...
If you want to explore the nature of Chengdu and Guiyang at a time in just 7 days, board t...
From USD 493P/P
6 Days Kunming, Jian...
This 6-day wonderful photography tour takes you to Yunnan's natural wonde with ancient cul...
From USD 652P/P
Over Night Experienc...
See the sunrise over Li River from the top of the Xianggong Mountain on this 2-day tour of...
From USD 143P/P
7 Day Hong Kong, Nan...
Take the newest Hong Kong bullet train and make your way to the cities of Nanchang, Lushan...
From USD 716P/P