Introduction to Shudu Lake (蜀都湖)
Situated at the northeast of the city of Shangri-La with a very convenient transportation, Shudu Lake is 43 kilometers away from the city. Now, It is regarded as a high-land pasture resort. The lake is 3,705 meters above the sea level. It is one of the biggest lakes in Diqing Prefecture. The lake is famous for its clear water and peaceful environment of the area around here.
Every spring and summer, herds of yak and goat grazing beside the lake and the shepherd’s shelters dot on the grassland everywhere. People can hear the sound of flute comes from afar. Staying beside the lake, you can deeply feel the quietness and leisurely life of plateau people.
Inside Pudacuo National Park, Shangri-la County, Yunnan Province, China
Ticket Package for Pudacuo National Park: 258 Yuan (including 138 Yuan for admission and 120 Yuan for sightseeing car)
Opening Hours: April - October: 8:00AM - 5:00PM, November - Next March: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
1. Visitors can take special-line bus "Shangri-la to Pudacuo" at Shangri-la Bus Station, which costs 30 yuan P/P for a round trip. Please note that the last returning bus leaves at 3:00PM.
2. Visitors can also take a taxi from Shangri-la County to Pudacuo National Park, which costs about 100 Yuan for a single trip.
1. Recommended duration for a visit is about two to three hours.
2. The best time to visit there is in summer and autumn.
3. It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. At that time, Guilin with suitable weather will meet a lot of tourists, so the hotel reservation and transportation will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
Recommend China Tours
If you're looking for a special romantic holiday with your partner, our 12 day honeymoon t...
From USD 1290P/P
11 Days Colorful Che...
This tour begi in Chengdu and ends in Kunming. This trip will take you to enjoy the most f...
From USD 905P/P