Xishuangbanna Tropical Rainforest Nature Reserve
Introduction to Yunnan Xishuangbanna Rainforest Nature Reserve
Xishuangbanna Rainforest Nature Reserve spans acorss three cities(counties), Jinghong, Mengla and Menghai, in southern Yunan Province in southwest China. It is acknowledged as the most preserved canopy of rainforest in areas featuring both high latitude and high altitude in the country.
Local ethnic charms blends with primitive natural tropical scenery, earning the forest'sound name as one of the top 10 forest in China acknowledged by Chinese National Geography magazine. Inside the reserve are 10 scenic areas with a total of over 50 scenic spots, accommodating the most intact tropical rainforest valleys of south of the tropic of Cancer, peacock breeding base, monkey domestication base, large ethnic customs performance fields, ethnic barbeque field. Three major themes, Primitive Rainforest, Wildlife, and Folk Custom are highlighted.
Along the same latitude circle in the world is basically dominated by savanna and desert. The oasis in Xishuangbanna is like a dazzling emerald inlaid on "the tropic of cancer desert".Xishuangbanna has a tropical monsoon climate, warm and sunny all around the year with heavy humidity and rainfall. The climative condition affords the local area with tropic rainforest ecosystem and a grand natural museum of flora and fauna. Complemented with well-developed tourist service infrastructure, it draws favor from family visitors with older people and children.
Jinghong, Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan Province
Man Song Man (Garden Village), Man Ting (Flower and Fruit Village), Buddhist pagodas, Dai food stalls, Water Splashing Ritual
Opening Hours: 08:00 - 16:00
From Jinghong city center, take a frequent bus from Jinghong to Mengyang or tourist bus shuttling between Jinghong and the forest reserve.
From Long-haul Coach Terminal in the west side of Jinghong, take sightseeing bus bound for the reserve (CNY3).
1. Recommended length of visit: 6 hours
2. Best season to visit: October to the next June when the climate is ideal for tourists activities. Visitors are recommended to bring rain gear (e.g unbrella or raincoat), mosquito repellents, and non-slip shoes considering the humid and warm climate in Xishuangbanna.
3. Please show respect to local customs and obtain approval before take photos. Pay attention to the local ecosystem, don't hunt, littr, or make fire in the forest.
4. There are more than one forest park in Xishuangbanna, visitors are suggested to choose those better-developed ones.
5. Please try to stay in groups, whether with families or friends. Visiting the less developed part of the rainforest may stand inconvenience and unsafe factors.
Tour including Visiting Xishuangbanna Rainforest Nature Reserve
Recommend China Tours
Hong Kong Ocean Park...
This day tour is just perfect for those interested in marine life and a great tour for ...
From USD 32P/P
Beijing Riding One D...
This exciting sidecar tour brings you to experience the authentic Beijing life and cult...
From USD 258P/P
Chengdu Panda Base H...
On this tour, you have a chance to hold the adorable giant panda and take a photo with ...
From USD 50P/P
Explore Guilin's Cou...
Experience a wonderful hiking and countryside cycling tour in Guilin. Enjoy the beautif...
From USD 258P/P
Macau Golf 3 Days To...
Spend one day at Macau golf and Country club, and the next day sightseeing Macau. You can ...
From USD 508P/P