Etiquette and taboo in Tibet?
17:28 Mar.14, 2014
Jim
China Tour Guide
Since I’m planning a trip to Tibet, I want to know if there are any special etiquette and taboos I should pay attention to when traveling in Tibet? Thanks~

Re RE:Jim : I learnt some taboos from my guide before I traveled to Tibet. The following are considered taboos, hope these can does some help to you.
Smoking, drinking alcohol or making unnecessary noise in a monastery.
Touching, walking over or sitting on any religious texts, objects or prayer flags in a monastery.
Causing anything to be killed in a monastery.
Stepping on the threshold when entering a Tibetan house.
Spitting before someone.
Littering in the fire.
Intrusive photography of a monastery when he is performing religious ceremony.

Re RE:Jim : Yes, there are some special etiquette and taboos in Tibet. Before you travel to Tibet, you can get a general idea for what you should do and what you cannot do in Tibet.
Here is some etiquette you can refer to.
Presenting Hada is considered a traditional practice for respect and hospitality in Tibet, and will be appreciated by your host.
Always add a "La" after one's name to show your respect.
If you are planning to pay a visit to the monastery, always walk clockwise around the religious shrines, stupas, Mani stones and prayer wheels. But if you are visiting a Bon monastery, you should walk counterclockwise.
Offering some money or butter fuel is regarded an etiquette when visiting a monastery.

• <
  • »

You need to login for post subject Login | Sign UP
100 characters left

Event Posts

WWW.Dumps-Martin.com/ SELL CVV DUMPS WITH PIN,CVV US,UK,CA,EU,CHINA...

Date: Apr.23,2017

Capture the essence of Beijing during this 5 day tour where you will be taken to the most famous and authentic areas of Beijing. For the adventure lovers you can ... >> Details
• WWW.BESTPIN.PW - BEST Dumps Sho…
• WWW.BESTPIN.PW - Shop Selling D…
• WWW.BestPin.PW - Sell Dumps Wit…
• China Dumps With Pin
• Hike and Trek in Nepal

Chicken Congee

>> Details Chicken Congee is the most famous delicacy for the Wa people. This dish is made when stewed chopped chicken to be braised with ingredients of rice, spi…

New Year's Eve Dinner

>> Details Chinese New Year is all about bringing the family together for a reunion which is one of the most important aspects of the festival. On New Year&rs…
Test
Elin Zhu
Youergs
Operewey
Dimitrina
Woerppa

We are Member of

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 . All Rights Reserved to Century Holiday International Travel Service(HK) Co Limited License Number:L-GD-CJ00057 PATA Membership Number:#1793