- Things to Know
- Silk Road Route
- History of Silk Road
- Silk Road Culture
- Best Time to Travel
- Xian and Lanzhou Food
- Xinjiang Food
- Silk Road Travel Tips
- Urumqi Shopping
Silk Road Route
Things to Know
The Silk Road route of China stretched from Xian, Lanzhou, Yinchuan, Xining and Urumqi. There are three main routes of the Silk Road which are known as the northern route, southern route and central route. What all three routes have in common is that it’s spread across Xinjiang. The important cities and towns of Xinjiang such as Urumqi, Turpan, Kashgar, Kuqa, Hotan, and Taxkorgan were all a significant part of the ancient Silk Road. Notable attractions of Xingjiang’s section of the Silk Road include Flaming Mountain, Grape Valley and Kashgar Old Town which are just a few of the attractions along the Silk Road.
Along with Xinjiang, Dunhuang of Gansu Province was also a key city of the Silk Road. Apart from being a key trading post it was also the military headquarters for the western region of China. Buddhism flourished due to the foreign monks entering China through the Silk Road and settling in Dunhuang. During this period large numbers of Buddhist caves and temples were built, the most famous Buddhist cave of course has to be Mogao Grottoes where there are 735 caves filled with Buddhist sculptures and art. Apart from the Buddhist culture that surrounds Dunhuang, the city is also famous for Mingsha Sand Dunes, Crescent Lake and Yumen Pass.
Things to Know
In addition to the splendid sights along Silk Road, you can also have chances to enjoy some special entertainments during the journey. A sand-sliding at the Echoing-sand Mountain, a camel-ride in a desert, an adventure expedition at the Takla Mankan Desert, and the wonderful song and dance performances of the Uyghur people are exciting entertainments along Silk Road.
Popurlar Silk Road Package
Silk Road Tour
- > Northern Xinjiang 12 Days Tour (Mysterious Kanas Lake) From USD 1463P/P Details & Booking
- > 9-Day Xian, Lanzhou, Zhangye, Jiayuguan and Dunhuang Tour Free Enquiry Details & Booking
- > Urumqi Turpan and Kashgar 8 Days Tour From USD 1591P/P Details & Booking
- > 11-Day Xian Lanzhou Xiahe Wuwei Zhangye Jiayuguan Dunhuang Free Enquiry Details & Booking
- > Urumqi Kashgar 6 Days Tour From USD 1205P/P Details & Booking
- > Mysterious Lake Kanas 9 Days Tour From USD 830P/P Details & Booking