White Emperor City
Introduction to White Emperor City (白帝城)
White Emperor City, or Baidicheng, is one of famous tourist attractions of theThree Gorges. It is located on the Baidi Mountain, which is at the north shore of Yangtze River and the entrance of Qutang Gorge, 8 km east of the Fengjie County in Chongqing.
It is the place where Zhu Geliang observed the stars and developed the tactic of using arms.
Qutang Gorge, Chongqing, China
Tuogu Hall, Mingliang Palace, Stele Forest, Observing Stars Pavilion (Guanxing Pavilion)
Admission for White Emperor City: 70 Yuan
Fees of Cable Car: 17 Yuan (Round-trip)
Opening Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
1. You can choose any ship of Victoria Cruises, New Century Cruises or OTC Victoria Cruises. Both upstream and downstream cruises of these companies offer a shore excursion to White Emperor City.
2. You can also take a special-line bus from Longtou Temple Bus Station to Fengjie County (about 5 hours and a half), then transfer a private coach to White Emperor City.
1. Recommended duration for a visit is about 1 to 2 hours.
2. The best time to visit there is from March to May and from September to November.
3. It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
Yangtze Cruise Tour Visiting White Emperor City
Recommend China Tours
5-Day Dazhu Grottoes...
Explore the essence of Chongqing at its most highlighted attraction of Dazhu Grottoes, ...
From USD 544P/P
Wudang Mountain & Th...
On this 9 day tour of the Wudang Mountai and Yangtze cruise, you will be able to experienc...
From USD 893P/P