Introduction to Jiuxiang Scenic Area (九乡风景区)
Jiuxiang has over one hundred big and small karst caves with the largest scale and quantity in China. It has the biggest underground hall, Lion Hall, which can holds tens of thousands of people, the largest limestone lake group among all the developed cave spot – Fairy Field, and the most magnificent underground Canyon- Jinghun Gorge.
Jiuxiang Yi and Hui Autonomous Township, Yiliang County, Yunnan Province (90 kilometers from Kunming)
Green Shady Valley, Terrifying Gorge, Lying Dragon Cave, Bat Cave, Male Lion Hall
Admission Fee: 90 yuan for entrance fee, 30 yuan for optional one-way cableway round
1. Take minibuses from Kunming North Bus Station or Kunming East Bus Staion to Yiliang County (20 yuan), then transfer another one to Jiuxiang(10yuan).
2. Take minibuses from the square in front of Kunming Railway Station to Jiuxiang Scenic Area Directly (30 - 40 yuan for return fare).
1. Better to wear sneakers for the road in cave is slippery and rugged.
2. Be prepared to walk about 3 hours in the caves, for it is chanllenged to climb up a huge number of steps.
3. If time permits, you should link a trip to the Stone Forest for it is only 30 minutes apart from Jiuxiang (20 kilometers distance).
Recommend China Tours
8 Days Explore Shang...
The most magnificent scenery and ancient cultures of Yunnan are waiting to be explored....
From USD 467P/P
16 Days Southwest Yu...
Enjoy this fantastic Yunnan 16 day tour where you can learn about the ancient tea culture....
From USD 2426P/P