Ruins of St. Paul's
Introduction to The Ruins of St. Paul's (圣保禄大教堂遗址或大三巴牌坊)
The Ruins of St. Paul's refer to the facade of what was originally the Church of Mater Dei built in 1602-1640, destroyed by fire in 1835, and the ruins of St. Paul's College, which stood adjacent to the Church. As a whole, the old Church of Mater Dei, St. Paul's College and Mount Fortress were all Jesuit constructions and formed what can be perceived as the Macau's "acropolis".
Near the Section of the Old City Walls and Na Tcha Temple, Macau Peninsula
The Ruins of St. Paul's, the Section of Old City Wall, Na Tcha Temple
Admission for The Ruins of St. Paul's: Free
Opening Hours: Whole day
1. You can take bus No. 3, 3X, 4, 6A, 8A, 18A, 19, 26A, 33, N1A, 2A, 7A, 8, 9, 9A, 12, 18, 22, 25, 25X, or H1, and then get off at the The Ruins of St. Paul's Stop.
2. The most convenient way to there is take a taxi.
1. Recommended duration for a visit is about 1 hour.
2. It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
3. There are lots of shops selling local snacks at the front of The Ruins of St. Paul's, where you can definitely have a try and buy some for your familys and friends.
Recommend China Tours
Hong Kong Disneyland...
1 day Hong Kong sightseeing, 1 day Disneyland, 1 day Macau, 3 nights in 4 star Rosedale...
From USD 195P/P
Macau Sightseeing wi...
Experience Macau in one day with this fantastic group tour. You will be able to visit the ...
From USD 51P/P