Introduction to Qinghai Lake (青海湖)
Qinghai Lake, also called as "Kukuzhuoer", means "blue sea" in Mongolian.Located in the northeastern of Qinghai basin,it is China's largest inland lake and also China's largest saltwater lake.The lake is 105 km long, 63 km wide, perimeter 360 kilometers, covering an area of 4583 square kilometers, 459.76 square kilometers large than the China's largest freshwater lake.Maximum depth of the lake is 38 meters with catchment area is about 29,661 square kilometers and the elevation of 3196 m.
Between Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefectures, Northeastern Qinghai, China
Sand Island, Bird Island, Grassland around the Lake
Admission for Sand Island: 70 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 35 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Admission for Bird Island: 100 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 60 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Opening Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:30PM
1. Visitors can take special line at the bus station located in the south of Xining Railway Station, which takes about 35 Yuan.
2. Visitors can also take train T151 from Beijing to Xining Caojiabao Airport, then take special line at the airport to Qinghai Lake.
1. Recommended duration for a visit is about 1 to 2 days.
2. The best time to visit there is in summer, especially in July and August.
3. It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation around will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
Recommend China Tours
Chinese New Year Par...
Chinese New Year Parade is organized by Hong Kong Tourism Board, Tickets can be reserved n...
From USD 243P/P
Luoyang Highlights 3...
Boasting a long history and profound cultural background, Luoyang has abundant historic...
From USD 187P/P
Classic and Modern S...
Capture the essence of both ancient and modern Shanghai by visiting its most highlighte...
From USD 45P/P
Egong Village to Xic...
This is a perfect short hike for people who want to enjoy a weekend in Hong Kong. You will...
From USD 70P/P
Xian One Day Tour of...
Travel with this tour to explore the famous Mount Hua to enjoy its beautiful natural sc...
From USD 133P/P