Introduction to Qinghai Lake (青海湖)
Qinghai Lake, also called as "Kukuzhuoer", means "blue sea" in Mongolian.Located in the northeastern of Qinghai basin,it is China's largest inland lake and also China's largest saltwater lake.The lake is 105 km long, 63 km wide, perimeter 360 kilometers, covering an area of 4583 square kilometers, 459.76 square kilometers large than the China's largest freshwater lake.Maximum depth of the lake is 38 meters with catchment area is about 29,661 square kilometers and the elevation of 3196 m.
Between Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefectures, Northeastern Qinghai, China
Sand Island, Bird Island, Grassland around the Lake
Admission for Sand Island: 70 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 35 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Admission for Bird Island: 100 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 60 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Opening Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:30PM
1. Visitors can take special line at the bus station located in the south of Xining Railway Station, which takes about 35 Yuan.
2. Visitors can also take train T151 from Beijing to Xining Caojiabao Airport, then take special line at the airport to Qinghai Lake.
1. Recommended duration for a visit is about 1 to 2 days.
2. The best time to visit there is in summer, especially in July and August.
3. It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation around will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
Recommend China Tours
Guilin & Yangshuo Am...
You will visit the whole wonderful natural scenery in Guilin and Yangshuo during this tour...
From USD 292P/P
Beijing In-depth 6 D...
This is a specially designed tour for you to get a deep undetanding of the charm of Bei...
From USD 372P/P
Hong Kong Macau and ...
Morning flight to HK, half day sightseeing tour, one day Macau tour, one day Giant Buddha ...
From USD 249P/P
Panda Keeper and Che...
Would you like to get closer to and know the Giant Panda better? In this tour, you will...
From USD 183P/P
Shenzhen Buddhism Ha...
In this Shenzhen half day Buddhism tour you will go to Diwang Commercial Centre, Civic Cen...
From USD 54P/P