Introduction to Qinghai Lake (青海湖)
Qinghai Lake, also called as "Kukuzhuoer", means "blue sea" in Mongolian.Located in the northeastern of Qinghai basin,it is China's largest inland lake and also China's largest saltwater lake.The lake is 105 km long, 63 km wide, perimeter 360 kilometers, covering an area of 4583 square kilometers, 459.76 square kilometers large than the China's largest freshwater lake.Maximum depth of the lake is 38 meters with catchment area is about 29,661 square kilometers and the elevation of 3196 m.
Between Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefectures, Northeastern Qinghai, China
Sand Island, Bird Island, Grassland around the Lake
Admission for Sand Island: 70 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 35 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Admission for Bird Island: 100 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 60 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Opening Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:30PM
1. Visitors can take special line at the bus station located in the south of Xining Railway Station, which takes about 35 Yuan.
2. Visitors can also take train T151 from Beijing to Xining Caojiabao Airport, then take special line at the airport to Qinghai Lake.
1. Recommended duration for a visit is about 1 to 2 days.
2. The best time to visit there is in summer, especially in July and August.
3. It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation around will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
Recommend China Tours
Take this 5 day tour and you will be impressed by the beautiful scenery and the historical...
From USD 586P/P
Beijing Imperial 5 D...
As one of the most famous historical cities in China, Beijing boasts glorious imperial ...
From USD 355P/P
Free and Easy Hezhou...
A bullet train tour from Hong Kong for your leisure weekend is available to book. Get ita...
From USD 86P/P
Pictureque Wuyi and ...
Takes this 11 day tour in China and be amazed by the multiple cities you will visit. This ...
From USD 1246P/P
Beijing to Hong Kong...
From the historical and cultural Beijing and Xian, to the stunning beautiful Guilin and...
From USD 419P/P