Introduction to Qinghai Lake (青海湖)
Qinghai Lake, also called as "Kukuzhuoer", means "blue sea" in Mongolian.Located in the northeastern of Qinghai basin,it is China's largest inland lake and also China's largest saltwater lake.The lake is 105 km long, 63 km wide, perimeter 360 kilometers, covering an area of 4583 square kilometers, 459.76 square kilometers large than the China's largest freshwater lake.Maximum depth of the lake is 38 meters with catchment area is about 29,661 square kilometers and the elevation of 3196 m.
Between Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefectures, Northeastern Qinghai, China
Sand Island, Bird Island, Grassland around the Lake
Admission for Sand Island: 70 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 35 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Admission for Bird Island: 100 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 60 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Opening Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:30PM
1. Visitors can take special line at the bus station located in the south of Xining Railway Station, which takes about 35 Yuan.
2. Visitors can also take train T151 from Beijing to Xining Caojiabao Airport, then take special line at the airport to Qinghai Lake.
1. Recommended duration for a visit is about 1 to 2 days.
2. The best time to visit there is in summer, especially in July and August.
3. It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation around will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
Tour including Visiting Qinghai Lake
Recommend China Tours
Xian and Luoyang 4 D...
This tour brings you to explore China's two famous ancient capitals Xian and Luoyang to...
From USD 409P/P
Across Hoh Xil No-Ma...
If there is any place that worth a photographer to travel, Hoh Xil is the best choice. ...
From USD 4463P/P
Huangshan and Huizho...
This tour bring you to appreciate the spectacular scenery of Mt. Huangshan and also exp...
From USD 293P/P
Great Wall Hiking 10...
Wild or restored, ruined or well-preserved, whether for stunning scenery or fantastic p...
From USD 1094P/P
Silk Road Tour Kashg...
Whether for natural beauties or for historical and cultural exploration, this Silk Road...
From USD 854P/P