Introduction to Tianshan Mountain (天山)
Tianshan Mountain is a large mountain range in central Asia, running through central Xinjiang of China. The snowy peak of Tianshan Moutain-Bogda Peak, is covered with snow all the year round and thus nicknamed “the sea of snow”. It has been on the World Natural Heritage List since June 2013.
East of Urumqi, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
Tianshan Mountain, Heavenly Lake
Admission for Tianshan Mountain Scenic Area: 90 Yuan (April 1 to October 31); 40 Yuan (November 1 to March 31)
Admission for Queen Mother of the Western Heaven Temple: 10 Yuan
Admission for Zoology Museum: 10 Yuan
Inter-zone Vehicle: 90 Yuan
Cable Car: 35 Yuan (whole trip); 20 Yuan (single trip)
Electric Bus: 5 Yuan (single trip)
Painted Pleasure Boat: 50 Yuan
Mosquito Craft: 35 Yuan
Barge: 20 Yuan
8:30AM to 8:00PM (April to October 31), 10:00AM to 6:00PM (November 1 to March 31)
1. Visitors can take special-line bus from the downtown of Urumqi to Tianshan Mountain Scenic Area, which takes about 2 hours.
2. Visitors can also directly take a taxi to Tianshan Mountain Scenic Area, which takes about one and a half hours.
1. The best time to visit there is from June to August. Besides, and for those snow lovers, it is suggested to visit the Mountain before December or after February for the severe cold weather between December and February.
2. It is highly recommended to take warm coats even in summer due to the big temperature difference between day and night. Also, please pay attention to the weather changes before visit, especially, the weather forecast for sandstorms.
3. The Heavenly Lake Scenic Area of Tianshan Mountains is the most popular tourist attraction and it is close to Urumqi.
4. It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
Recommend China Tours
Northern Xinjiang 12...
Xinjiang province is the biggest province in China and with the development of tourism ...
From USD 1478P/P
Urumqi Turpan and Ka...
This tour is elaborately designed to explore the charm of exotic Xinjiang in its most p...
From USD 1607P/P