Datong Architecture Wonder 1 Day Tour
- Route Map
- 9 hours
This is a specially designed tour for you to admire the great ancient architecture in Datong. You will appreciate the Hanging Temple and Wooden Pagoda with this tour.
- Private transfer during the whole tour
- Private English Speaking Guide Service
- Charming sightseeing
- Authentic Chinese Food
Visit:● Hanging Temple ● Wooden Pagod
The first attraction to see will be the miracle Hanging Temple. The Hanging Temple, as the name suggests, is a temple hanging somewhere not built on the ground. Constructed according to the natural layout of the cliff on the basis of mechanics, this temple is actually supported by crossbeams which are fitted into the cliff. With a complex of three religious halls and 40 rooms, this temple is linked by mid-walkways from the left to the right. There are clay sculptures, stone carvings, copper and iron statues characterized by Taoism, Buddhism and Confucius. The odd structure, crafty design, bold construction, artistic value, and the combination of Taoism, Buddhism and Confucius have made the Hanging Temple an architectural wonder and hot attraction.
The next scheduled attraction to see will be Wooden Pagoda. The Wooden Pagoda was built in the year of 1056 during Liao Dynasty and is the oldest and highest wooden pagoda in the world. It is an octagonal-shape pagoda in the height of 70 meters and 6 stories. The Wooden Pagoda built to be strong and elegant with artful design and subtle structure is a fine example of traditional Chinese wooden architecture. Also the collection of precious relics like color paintings and Buddhist scripts preserved in Wooden Pagoda make it a great place to get to know the history and culture of Liao Dynasty.
At last, our guide will transfer you to the train station or the airport for your departure. Thanks for having this tour with us!
- Price per person in U.S.dollarChange a currency:USD
Group Size Luxury Class Tour Deluxe Class Tour Tourist Class Tour Peak Season 1 Person - USD259 - 2 Persons - USD162 - 3-5 Persons - USD138 - 6-9 Persons - USD104 -
- Entrance tickets fees to scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals: Chinese lunch
- Private transfers between airport, hotel and scenic spots while sightseeing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide.
- Guide service: English speaking tour guide.
- International airfare or train tickets to enter or leave China.
- China entry visa fees.
- Personal expenses: such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
- Single room supplement
- Tips to guide and driver. (Tiping standard: USD 8/person/day.)
* Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 5, 2014), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2014), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 28-Feb 7, 2014).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
* You will enjoy more discount if there are more people join the tour.
Notice: You can not see your question shown on our website instantly. We will answer your questions by email.