One Week Panda Volunteer Tour in Bifengxia Panda Base
- Route Map
- Select Travel Date:
- Adults Number:
1.Child 3-11 with bed 90% as adult price
2.Child under 2 without bed free
- Recommended Seasons:
- spring summer autumn winter
- Price per person in U.S.dollarChange a currency:USD
- The price is based on twin share, if you travel alone, we will assign a roomate to you.
- Airport pick up at Chengdu on arrival on Sunday.
- Transfer to Panda Base.
- All accommodation and food (3 meals/day) whilst on the programme
- Internet/wi-fi access at many hostels.
- Assistance with Chinese visa renewals/extensions (any associated costs are the responsibility of the participant)
- All photographs except those listed opposite.
- 24/7 support during your programme
- 24/7 emergency phone line.
- Saturday 8.00 a.m. transfer from the Panda Base to Chengdu airport on completion of the programme. Arriving at the airport at approximately 11.00 a.m. Those with later flights may chose to take this transfer to Chengdu city - also included in the cost of the programme, but subsequent costs of getting to the airport are not included.
- Working uniform
- Volunteering certificate
- International flights.
- Visa application(s), renewals/extensions & associated costs.
- Extra activities not listed in the programme.
- Photographs of you holding or touching a panda for which the reserve asks for a contribution/donation to the upkeep of the reserve of (for a young panda) 1000 Yuan for 20 seconds or 2000 Yuan for 3 minutes; for pandas less than 1 year old the contributions are 3000 Yuan for 20 seconds and 5000 Yuan for 3 minutes. Please note these figures are accurate at the current time but they are subject to change by the Panda Reserve without notice.
- Personal expenses
The accommodation in Cheng is: Chengdu Traffic Hostel
Address: No. 6 Linjiang Middle Road, Wuhou District, Chengdu
Tel: +86 28 8545-0470
(This hotel is a youth hostel, most of our clients are students. That is why we choose this hotel. You can book better hotel if you prefer, but you will not pay less, the package price is the same)
The accommodation in Bifengxia is Wenfeng Hostel, it is in the walking distance to volunteering working place; It is a new building with new /better facilities; still simple but clean; 24-hot water automatically. No TV in the rooms, and WIFI is not available in the room. WIFI is available in the Study Room.
- If you require to stay in a room by yourself, the single supplement is USD32/EUR25 per night.
Mixed Western & Chinese breakfast: Free Drinking water, tea, coffee available the whole day. Toast, Jam, honey, milk, Oatmeal, Steamed-bun, Porridge, Chinese steamed bums etc.
3. Orientation in the Panda base:
The lecture from the Panda master when arrival;
DVD documentary in /with English subtitles about Pandas availale when free time;
offering more English Magazine/books about Pandas;
4. Additional Cultural Awareness courses / Cultural experiencing activities when free time in the afternoon:
1) Chinese Cultural explanation
2) Chinese Paper craft
3) Chinese Calligraphy
4) Cooking lessons/Dumpling making
5) Sing a Chinese song
6) Play Majiang/Chinese chess
5. Hi I was wondering how much contact you get with the pandas on this program? Do you get to touch and interact with them?
You will carry bamboo, prepare food for panda, do cleaning, help for daba and record. Surely you will have lots of opportunity of see and photo many pandas playing in the Reserve. Sometimes you might have chance to feed panda, but not guarantee.
Touch and interact with panda will depends on the final decision of the scientists there. Usually you can pay extra for donnation to support panda research....then they allow you to touch and take photo with panda.
6. More Panda Volunteer Programs
You can choose to stay 1-4 weeks in Bifengxia Panda Base. Please tell us on reservation.
Registration fee: 80USD
The 1st week: USD500
The 2nd week: USD416
The 3rd week: USD406
The 4th week: USD395
Questions & Anwsers
PandaHi I was wondering how much contact you get with the pandas on this program? Do you get to touch and interact with them? ThanksAsked by Iris on Jun.13, 2014 15:59
Thanks for your E-mail. Here are the information you need For the question 1, you will carry bamboo, prepare food for panda, do cleaning, help for daba and record. Surely you will have lots of opportunity of see and photo many pandas playing in the Reserve. Sometimes you might have chance to feed panda, but not guarantee. For the question 2, it depends on the final decision of the scientists there. Usually you can pay extra for donnation to support panda research....then they allow you to touch and take photo with panda. Should you have any further questions, please send E-mails to our mail-box: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!Answered by steven on Jun.16, 2014 09:39
Notice: You can not see your question shown on our website instantly. We will answer your questions by email.