Shanghai Jewish Culture Half Day Tour (B)
- Route Map
- 4 hours
Explore the history and culture that Jewish had in Shanghai by visiting the precious Jewish heritages in Shanghai. You will see Ohel Rachel Synagogue,Peace Hotel, Ohel Moishe Synagogue, and Shanghai Ghetto.
- Jewish Culture & Heritage Tours
- Private transfers and tour guide
- Fantastic sightseeing
Our guide will pick you up at your hotel and then transfer you to visit Ohel Rachel Synagogue as the starting of this tour. The Ohel Moshe Synagogue (Ohel Moishe) played a central role in the lives of Jewish refugees in Shanghai during WWII. Although the synagogue is no longer fully in use, a section of it has been given over to house the Shanghai Jewish Refugees Museum.
Next we will proceed to visit Ohel Rachel Synagogue, located on No. 500 Shaanxi North Road, is the venue of former Shanghai Jewish Diaspora associations Laxi Er synagogue. It is also the earliest synagogue built in Shanghai, and the largest synagogue of the Far East regions.
Then we will move on to see the Peace Hotel. The Peace Hotel is located on the corner of East Nanjing Road. It is also named as The Sassoon House, because it was built by the famous Sassoon Family in 1926. Mr. Sassoon was a wealthy Jew, he had been running many businesses in Shanghai for a long period of time and at that time he was the wealthiest business tycoon in Shanghai Bund.
Afterwards, our guide will bring you to visit Ohel Moishe Synagogue (Shanghai Ghetto). The Shanghai ghetto, formally known as the Restricted Sector for Stateless Refugees, was an area of approximately one square mile in the Hongkou District of Japanese-occupied Shanghai, to which about 20,000 Jewish refugees were relocated by the Japanese-issued Proclamation Concerning Restriction of Residence and Business of Stateless Refugees after having fled from German-occupied Europe before and during World War II.
At last, our guide will bring you back to your hotel to conclude this tour.
- Price per person in U.S.dollarChange a currency:USD
Group Size Luxury Class Tour Deluxe Class Tour Tourist Class Tour Peak Season 1 Person - USD122 - 2 Persons - USD65 - 3-5 Persons - USD47 - 6-9 Persons - USD35 -
- Entrance Fees: To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Private Transfers: Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing, by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide.
- Guide: English speaking tour guide
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China
- China Entry Visa Fees
- Excess Baggage Charges Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses: Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
- Meals: Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement
- Tips to guide and driver
* Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor’s Day (Apr 29-May 5, 2014), China National Day Holiday (Sep 29-Oct 8, 2014), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 28-Feb 7, 2014).
* If only one person is traveling then the single room supplement is not required. If, for example, three people book a hotel, with two in one room and one in another room, the single room supplement must be paid.
* You will enjoy more discount if there is more people join the tour.
Add-on Shows & Activities
- Venue:ERA- Inteection of TimeDuration:1 .5Hour (1930-2100)Type:PerformancesERA- Inteection of Time - As a multimillion-do… >DetailsFrom: USD42 p/p
- The district comprises a neighborhood of labyrinthine alleyways off Taikang Road, and is therefore also referred to as Ta… >DetailsFrom: USD23 p/p
- Shanghai Centre Centre is situated within the large Shanghai Center and it is a popular venue with the tourists because i… >DetailsFrom: USD45 p/p
Notice: You can not see your question shown on our website instantly. We will answer your questions by email.